What is Sweet Shot Tuesday?
Sweet Shot Tuesday is a photo linky blog spot that encourages photographers to link up their best shot of the week. Each Tuesday, a new linky post will be created so you can link to your favorite photo. The linky goes up very late Monday night / Tuesday morning and stays up until Saturday at midnight EST.
What inspired Sweet Shot Tuesday?
While SST was inherited from Darcy, I share the underlying idea and value of SST, which is to encourage photography by getting out and shooting, anything and everything. It is the action of doing that helps us grow, learn, and expand our love of photography. Sometimes we need motivation to get out there and click, especially if it’s not for a paid job.
I believe anyone who commits themselves to learning the camera and photography techniques can more easily “create” great images because the technical aspects don’t interfere with the process. This is best achieved over time by doing. So, there you have it, the reason you will be getting out they and making a new image and adding it to the current Sweet Shot Tuesday post.
Who can participate?
I welcome everyone to participate. There is no judgement here. No intimidation. If you own a camera, you are a photographer. I’d love if you would participate.
Are there themes of the week of what we have to link to?
No. Please link to your favorite shot of the week. People, animals, still life, nature. If it’s family-friendly content, it’s welcome here.
Can I post old photos?
I really encourage you to post new photos, so that you’re driven to get out there and shoot. But the Sweet Shot Police won’t come get you if you post an older photo. The main idea here is simply to encourage your love and growth as a photographer.
How do I participate?
Post your favorite “sweeet shot” on your blog or Flickr or photo sharing site of choice. You must link up to a permalink. If you link directly to your blog or photo stream it will be deleted. I’m so sorry to have to do that; I really don’t like having to delete posts. But I’ve made a tutorial to help make it very easy to participate! What is a permalink? How do I find mine?
Why was my photo deleted?
I’m always very sorry to have to and if it’s deleted, I’d love if you tried again! Links are deleted for:
Linking to the blog URL instead of the permalink, questionable content, or if I receive an email about offensiveness or copyrights.
Do you have a button so I can share Sweet Shot Tuesday with my readers?
Absolutely! Copy and paste it into your post or into a text widget (WordPress) or an Html/Java gadget (Blogger) in your sidebar. Thank you for helping to spread the word!
Anything else I should know?
Here are some netiquette and helpful hints:
- Link up early – stats show those near the beginning get a lot more traffic than those further down the line.
- Be the encouragement you wish to receive! What’s a party if no one talks to you? Please comment on some of the other entries.
- Please make it easy to leave comments. Word captchas and complicated comment processes discourages feedback.
- Absolutely no inappropriate photos will be accepted. If your image offends any of the participants, I get the final call.
- Please make sure you hold the copyrights for the photos you post. I won’t be responsible for policing ownership. If you didn’t take the photo, don’t post it.
- If you have a music player on your blog, please be considerate of visitors and make the default be off with the option to turn on. Unexpected noise is startling, and forces some people to quickly close the window before they even get to see your beautiful photography.
Mostly, I hope that this will be a fun way to encourage you to get behind the lens of your camera and shoot, shoot, shoot!
(What are you still doing here? Get shootin’!)