Landscape Photography Adventure – Smoky Mountains Photography Adventure
Workshop Meeting Point ~ Gatlinburg, Tennessee
October 18-21, 2018
A tucked away beautiful gem in the middle of America, the Smoky Mountains are a photographer’s dream. We will be taking in a wide array of scenery from intimate flowing water to grand panoramic vistas, opportunities to make beautiful images will be abundant.
Each day we’ll explore the valleys and time scoured mountain tops of this gorgeous landscape. From grand wide panoramas to intimate macros, this Photography Adventure will be packed with opportunities to learn, grow, and create amazing images and memories.
This workshop is led by Kent Weakley. Kent is an award-winning, lifelong photographer who shoots commercial and landscape photography. He also specializes in infrared black and white digital photography. Among many honors, Kent has won the Fuji International Photo Competition and has also earned a National Gold Addy Award for photography in advertising. Kent’s biggest joy is traveling and sharing photography knowledge. His enthusiasm is hard to miss and often contagious.
We will meet in Gatlinburg by mid to late afternoon. Together we will start our Photography Adventure by heading for an evening shoot to get the gears turning.
Day 2 and 3
Each morning will start with an opportunity to capture morning light, followed by a late breakfast/early lunch. Waterfalls, colorful trees, grand landscapes, and the occasional wildlife will grab our attention and require numerous stops and tons of photos throughout the day.
Together we will eat lunch and dinner each day at local eateries, sharing experiences and laughs before we continue to create more images. After capturing the last light of the day, we will return to our hotel to have the evening to ourselves to eat, process images and rest.
Depending on everyone’s departure schedules we will go out for a morning photo shoot before we say our goodbyes.
*Please note that this itinerary will most definitely change. The times we specifically visit certain areas will depend on timing, weather, and road conditions. I will be putting all efforts into getting the most iconic photo opportunities possible, and this will most likely create itinerary changes. There is mile upon mile of stunning scenes for us to create amazing images. While I can’t guarantee we will have access to every location intended, we will have incredible views continuously at our disposal.
As if the vistas weren’t enough, We will be sharing photography knowledge with you both in group settings and on an individual basis throughout this workshop. Unlike most other workshops offered, we will be in contact with you beforehand to learn your specific;
• photography skill level,
• general photography goals,
• and expectations of this workshop.
Throughout our adventure, we will be working with you to meet your personal photography goals.
• Photography Composition
• Digital Photo Workflow
• Maximizing Travel Photo Opportunities
• Macro Photography
• Workflow Best Practices
• Building Panoramic Photographs
• Editing Images in Lightroom and Photoshop
• digital SLR camera or interchangeable lens mirrorless camera
• Enthusiasm and a strong desire to explore, learn, and create amazing images
What is not included:
- Food (meals together will be separate check)
- Photography Workshop Hands-On Wilderness Photo Opportunities
- Group Photography Lectures and Hands-On Learning
- One-on-one photography training in the field
- Park permits and entrance fees
- There will be very little hiking in most locations. We will be shooting within a short walking distance of parking areas
- Temperatures can vary dramatically, from cold morning to warm afternoons. Layering clothing is the best approach
- Use moisture-wicking undergarments as your base layer. Try not to wear cotton against your skin.
- $350 is due at time of registration. Full amount may be paid at registration as well.
- Deposit becomes non-refundable 90 days before workshop start
- Full payment, if not made when registering, is due 60 days before workshop start date
- Deposit is refundable 90 days or more before workshop start date
- 60-30 days before workshop start date one-half of workshop fee may be refunded
Please arrange to be in Gatlinburg, on or before the afternoon of the first day of the workshop. The earlier in the afternoon, the better. We will all meet and begin our journey at that location.
We will have a host hotel, which will be determined and posted here soon. There is plenty of quality lodging in the Gatlinburg area. If you’d like to stay somewhere other than the host hotel, that is fine. You will need to meet the group at the host hotel at departure times.
Photography Adventure – Smoky Mountains
Workshop Meeting Point, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
October 18-21, 2018
(Limited to up to 8 participants)
$795 – Workshop Fee